Error code RQ249

You’ll see the following error in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software if you claimed the Solidarity tax credit as a tenant or sub-tenant of an eligible dwelling on the Your 2018 income page but you didn’t enter the information reported on your RL-31: Information about a leased dwelling slip: 

Since you’re claiming the Solidarity tax credit as a tenant or sub-tenant on the Your 2018 income page, you need to enter information from your paper RL-31 slip on the RL-31 page of the software. You can enter your RL-31 slip on the QUICK SLIP page under the QUICK ENTRY tab. [error code: RQ249]


How do I fix this?

To fix this error, you’ll need to enter information from the RL-31 slip you received into the RL-31 page in H&R Block’s tax software.

You can find the RL-31 page under the QUICK SLIP icon on the QUICK ENTRY tab. Simply type “RL-31” in the search field and either click the highlighted entry or hit Enter.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 2 found this helpful