You can purchase Audit Protection after you file your return by signing into H&R Block’s 2018 tax software and opening your completed and filed return. You’ll be prompted to buy Audit Protection and, once purchased, you’ll be provided with information on how to redeem it.
Here's how we'll helpWe’ll assign your file to a tax expert, so you’re backed by more than 50 years of tax expertise. Then:
- We'll explain any mail you receive from the government
- We'll review your return to make sure it's right
- We’ll clarify and validate any changes the government makes to your refund or tax owing
How does it work?
- Gather the documents you used to prepare your return.
- Give us a call!
We’ll assign you a tax expert who’ll be with you throughout the process, to provide guidance and support.
- Let our expertise guide you.
We’ll help you deal with any correspondence between you and the government, until your situation is resolved, and we’ll validate any changes the government wants to make to your return.
Note: The H&R Block tax expert that’s assigned to you will not represent you, provide legal advice, or help develop a defense strategy.
What do I need when I redeem Audit Protection?
Make sure you have all the following information handy when redeeming this service:
- Your Audit Protection confirmation number and the tax year it applies to (this will be emailed to you)
- Your NETFILE confirmation number
- Any correspondence from the CRA or Revenu Québec
- Your return and, if necessary, any prior returns
- All the documents you used to prepare your return
Important: This service is only valid for the tax year it was purchased and expires seven years from the date of purchase. Unfortunately, H&R Block will not provide a refund in the event this service expires without being used.