TP-64.3-V: General Employment Conditions

If you are a commissioned or salaried employee in Québec, you might have work-related expenses in 2018 that you can deduct from your income. While most employees can’t deduct their employment expenses (such as cost of gas to and from work), you might be eligible to deduct your work-related expenses if your employment contract states that you’re required to pay them yourself.

You’ll need to have your employer fill out the TP-64.3-V: General employment conditions form for you – this form will indicate which expenses you’re required to pay for. You can claim these expenses on the TP-59-V: Employment expenses of salaried employees and employees who earn commissions (combined with the federal T777 form in H&R Block's 2018 tax software). Be sure to keep the document your employer gave you in case Revenu Québec asks to see it later.

Note: Your employer will provide you with a T2200: Declaration of conditions of employment form which you’ll use claim some of your employment expenses when completing your federal return.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2018.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the IN THIS SECTION icon.

  2. In the Employment expenses box, click the Add This Topic button.

  3. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You’ll find yourself here:


  4. Under the EXPENSES heading, select the checkbox labelled Employment expenses, then click Continue.

  5. When you arrive at the Employment expenses page, enter your information into the tax software.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful