Schedule B is used to calculate the following refundable and non-refundable credit amounts on your Québec return:
- Age amount
- Amount for a person living alone
- Amount for retirement income
- Amount for medical expenses
- Refundable tax credit for medical expenses and
- Independent living tax credit for seniors
Note: The eligibility requirements for each of these credits vary. For more information, or to find out if you’re eligible to claim them, click the link(s) above that applies to you.
Where do I claim this?
Fortunately, you won’t need to complete Schedule B in your return in H&R Block’s tax software. The software will automatically calculate your age amount, amount for a person living alone, and amount for retirement income based on the information you entered elsewhere in your return. You will, however, need to enter information or respond to related questions when claiming any of the following: