Error code 238

You'll see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software if on the Employee contributions to a foreign pension plan or social security arrangement – non-United States plans (RC269) page, you entered contributions made to a foreign employer-sponsored pension plan but didn’t enter your resident compensation amount:

You need to enter an amount for resident compensation because you entered an amount for contributions to the foreign employer-sponsored pension plan. [error code: 238]

How do I fix this?

To fix this error, return to the RC269 page and enter the amount of your resident compensation in the field labelled, What was your resident compensation in 2018?.

Note: You can find the RC269 page under the PENSION PLANS AND INVESTMENTS icon under the PREPARE tab.


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful