Error code 234

You'll see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software if on the Employee contributions to a foreign pension plan or social security arrangement – non-United States plans (RC269) page, you indicated that you had social security arrangement contributions for the year but didn’t enter the amount you contributed:

You need to enter the amount contributed to a social security arrangement for the earnings reported for services performed in Canada. [error code: 234]


How do I fix this?

To fix this error, return to the RC269 page and enter your social security arrangement contributions for the year in the field labelled How much did you contribute to the social security arrangement in 2018 from those earnings?.

Note: You can find the RC269 page under the PENSION PLANS AND INVESTMENTS icon under the PREPARE tab.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful