Manitoba Odour-Control Tax Credit (Individuals)

For the 2018 tax year and onwards, the Manitoba odour-control tax credit has been eliminated. However, you can still claim any amounts you haven’t claimed previously (on eligible expenses made before April 12, 2017) that you carried forward.

Note: You can find your unused credit amount on your most recent notice of assessment (NOA) or reassessment.

Unused amounts can be carried forward for 10 years or carried back for the three previous years. Any unused credit amounts that you didn’t claim in a previous year are fully refundable.

For more information on the Manitoba odour-control tax credit, refer to the government of Manitoba website.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software:

Important: Before you begin, make sure you’ve told us that you lived in Manitoba on December 31, 2018.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the OTHER icon. You'll find yourself here:


  2. Under the MISCELLANEOUS heading, select the checkbox labelled All other deductions then click Continue.

  3. When you arrive at the All other deductions page, enter your unused amount into the field labelled Unused amount for the Manitoba odour-control tax credit (this amount is shown on your 2017 notice of assessment or reassessment).
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful