T4RIF: Statement of Income from a Registered Retirement Income Fund

You’ll receive a T4RIF slip if you received payments from your Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) during the year. If you’re a resident of Québec, you’ll receive a Relevé 2: Retirement and Annuity Income slip that will report the taxable benefits you received from your RRIF.

I transferred a taxable amount to my RRSP or an annuity

If you transferred any RRIF taxable payments during the year (shown in box 16 of your T4RIF slip) to your RRSP or an annuity, you’ll need to specify how much you transferred. H&R Block’s tax software will automatically either:

  • claim a deduction for the amount you transferred to an annuity on line 232 of your return, or
  • claim the amount you transferred to your RRSP as an RRSP deduction for the year

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software:

  1. On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You’ll find yourself here:


  2. In the search field, type T4RIF and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.

  3. When you arrive at the T4RIF page, enter your information into the tax software.
Was this article helpful?
64 out of 110 found this helpful