You’ll receive a Relevé 22 (RL-22): Employment income related to multi-employer insurance plans slip if, in 2018, you were covered by a personal insurance plan (such as a multi-employer insurance plan*, other than a plan covering the loss of income) and your employer paid contributions towards that plan for the year. The RL-22 slip reports the value of the coverage you received under the personal insurance plan.
*A multi-employer insurance plan is a personal insurance plan that:
- Applies to an economic sector, industry, or activity under a law, regulation, or government order
- Is offered jointly by employers in the same economic sector/industry or activity
- Is managed by one administrator
Note: If you work in the construction industry, your insurance plans are multi-employer insurance plans.
About your RL-22 slip
This slip contains two sections, each of which will report a different coverage amount. Box A shows you all of the coverage you were provided under your insurance plans, and Box B reports only the coverage you were provided under a private health insurance plan.
If you have a value in Box B, you might be able to claim it as an eligible medical expense on your Québec return. Refer to Revenu Québec’s website for information on claiming medical expenses.
Where do I enter this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block's 2018 tax software:
- Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You’ll find yourself here:
- Type RL-22 or relevé 22 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the RL-22 page, enter your information into the tax software.