If you purchased or redeemed shares acquired from the Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins (CRCD) in 2018 (or in the first 60 days of 2019), you’ll be issued a Relevé 26 (RL-26) slip. This slip reports the amounts you paid to buy your CRCD shares.
Depending on your situation, you might be able to claim a tax credit for buying your CRCD shares. To be eligible, all of the following conditions must be met:
- You were a resident of Québec on December 31, 2018
- Your RL-26 slip shows an amount in box B (this amount is equal to your credit amount) and
- You’re the first purchaser of the CRDC shares that you acquired
Note: Unfortunately, any unused portion of this tax credit can’t be carried forward for use in a future year.
I was expecting to receive an RL-26 slip but I didn’t receive one. What should I do?
If you didn’t receive an RL-26 slip and you were expecting one, you’ll need to contact the CRCD to have a duplicate copy sent to you. If you’re registered, you can also get your slip information using Revenu Québec’s My Account service. If neither of these options works for you, obtain your information by calling Revenu Québec at 1-800-267-6299.
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software:
- On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:
- Type RL-26 or relevé 26 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the page for your RL-26 slip, enter your information into the tax software.