If you had a service contract with a department or an agency of the Québec government at any time during the year and you received contractual payments and/or subsidies, you’ll be issued a Relevé 27 (RL-27) slip.
If you didn’t receive an RL-27 slip and you were expecting one, you can:
- Contact the department directly and request a duplicate copy
- Contact Revenu Québec by calling 1-800-267-6299 or
- Access the information through Revenu Québec’s My Account service (registration required)
When entering information into the RL-27 page in H&R Block’s tax software from your RL-27 slip, remember to also include your recipient status. You can do this in the dropdown menu labelled, Type de bénéficiaire (type of recipient). Available options include:
- 1 – Individual or trust
- 2 – Corporation
- 3 – Partnership
- 4 – Individual (or trust), corporation or partnership that is a holder of a joint account or co-recipient of payments
- 5 – Individual (or trust), corporation or partnership that is part of a consortium or joint venture
For example, if you entered into the service contract as a member of a partnership, select 3 in the previously mentioned dropdown menu:
Where do I enter this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software:
- On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon.
- Type relevé 27 or RL-27 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the RL-27 page, enter your information into the tax software.