If you lived in a residential complex (such as a condominium) and paid fees during the year that included the cost of eligible services, for which you can claim the tax credit for home-support services for seniors, you can ask the building’s syndicate of co-owners to complete the TPZ-1029.MD.5-V form. This form reports the cost of eligible services that are included in the condominium fees you’ve paid during the year, including common expenses and contributions to a contingency fund, that can be used to claim the tax credit.
Anyone, who’s at least 70 years of age on December 31, can ask the syndicate of co-owners of his or her condominium to complete the TPZ-1029.MD.5-V form as long as:
- You own a unit in the condominium and
- The condominium fees include the cost of at least one home-support service such as housekeeping, rug cleaning, garbage removal, pool maintenance, and more.
Where can I claim this?
If you received a completed TPZ-1029.MD.5-V form from your building’s syndicate of co-owners, you can claim this tax credit on the Schedule J page.
Before you begin, make sure that you told us you lived in Québec on December 31, 2018. Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software:
- On the PREPARE tab, click the OTHER icon. You’ll find yourself here:
- Under the CREDITS FOR SENIORS section, select the checkbox labelled Tax credit for home-support services for seniors (Schedule J), then click Continue.
- When you reach the Schedule J page, enter the information from your completed TPZ-1029.MD.5-V form into the software.
Where can I learn more?
- Schedule J: Québec tax credit for home-support services for seniors (H&R Block Online help centre article)