Relevé 11 (RL-11) slips are issued to investors by development corporations, for flow-through shares. They typically report the following information:
- Canadian exploration expenses
- Canadian development expenses
- Québec exploration expenses
- Québec surface mining exploration expenses or oil and gas exploration expenses and
- Expenses for exploration in northern Québec
Click here for a full description of the amounts reported on an RL-11 slip.
What’s a flow-through share?
A flow-through share is a type of investment issued by Canadian oil and gas or mineral exploration companies. They allow certain expenses paid by the exploration company to be claimed by the shareholders on their individual tax returns.
Selling your flow-through shares might mean that you’re entitled to claim a capital gains deduction. You would use the information and amounts shown on your RL-11 slip to claim this deduction. Click this link for more information.
Where do I enter this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2018 tax software:
Before you begin, make sure that you told us that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2018.
- Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You'll find yourself here:
- Type RL-11 or relevé 11 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the page for your RL-11 slip, enter your information into the tax software.