Can I transfer my refund to next year’s instalment account - should I select Yes or No?

If the type of income you earned requires that you pay your taxes in instalments throughout the year (for example, if you were self-employed), you can transfer this year’s tax refund to your instalment account. In that case, select Yes to this question. Otherwise, select No.

Note: The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires you to transfer your refund amount in full; you can’t transfer a partial amount. 

If you make periodic tax payments, follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to transfer your 2018 refund amount to your instalment account:

  1. Under the PREPARE tab, click the REQUIRED icon.

  2. On the Instalments/interest page, select Yes next to the question: If you pay your taxes to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) by instalments (you make periodic tax payments), you can choose to transfer all your 2018 federal refund to your CRA 2019 instalment account. Do you want to transfer your refund?
Was this article helpful?
177 out of 276 found this helpful